Rome: I made it!

After a rocky start with all of the prior airport drama, things finally fell into place after my departure from Detroit to Rome. On the nine-hour flight, I managed to cram in basic Italian vocabulary and course readings assigned for the program. Between the intermittent naps and flight dinners, I also managed to watch “Invictus,” a movie I’ve been waiting to see for months. Once I landed, I met up with my professors and shared a cab ride back to the UW Rome Center.

After checking into my apartment in Campo de’Fiori, I met finally met up with my peers. Mauna, Molly, Rebecca, and Katie took me to an outdoor ATM, which apparently was the site where Caesar was stabbed to death. Later on in the afternoon, the class as a whole went to a nearby bar to watch the United States take on Slovenia during the World Cup. During the middle of the match, the bar experienced a blackout at a critical moment of the game (USA was behind 2-0)—I hope I didn’t bring my bad luck with me to Rome!

Due to the jet lag and time zone differences, I immediately passed out once I returned to my apartment. The weather here is VERY hot, so I had to remember to keep hydrating myself. Half of the group went to an Italian restaurant for dinner. I tagged along and had lasagna—it was authentically legit. We then explored an exciting night market that was full of people, music, and entertainment; it was located on the banks of the Tiber River. I still can’t believe that I’m finally in Rome, the eternal city. The ambiance is everything that I thought it would be, and the students here seem pretty chill.

Night market on the banks of the Tiber River.

COMMENTS

BLOGGER: 3
  1. I'm glad you made it safely!! :) Ohh I've been meaning to watch 'Invictus' too! You'll have to let me know how it was :) Keep up the blogging! Loving it as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome D. Love the pic attached. So were you rooting for the US in the game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like you got there after that screw up from the start but it seems everything workout good in the end. Don't think you had bad luck from the start it just happen.

    ReplyDelete

Name

Aruba,1,Belgium,1,Canada,5,China,2,Conference,11,Costa Rica,10,Education,25,Egypt,1,Ethiopia,1,France,23,Germany,5,Greece,1,India,5,Italy,31,Ivory Coast,1,Maldives,5,Mexico,7,Netherlands,10,Panama,1,Peru,1,Philippines,1,Recent,6,Singapore,1,South Korea,1,Study Abroad,76,Turkey,6,United Arab Emirates,2,United Kingdom,1,Vacation,18,Vatican City,2,
ltr
item
Points & Places: Rome: I made it!
Rome: I made it!
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhS0gzQYIxjpCJyqs6dofVfTjH1vhFf3SnnlE-4CvhirQcrWsBwYtWvVmSpiBL2KnIhN8UdWUiQPM4yQw2ZAEjmFgfoQ1_jh-ual6gxHzKg53Z1BakhFNAmjXsv31vTjEAzzsjZY6cbrag/s320/DSC06683.JPG
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhS0gzQYIxjpCJyqs6dofVfTjH1vhFf3SnnlE-4CvhirQcrWsBwYtWvVmSpiBL2KnIhN8UdWUiQPM4yQw2ZAEjmFgfoQ1_jh-ual6gxHzKg53Z1BakhFNAmjXsv31vTjEAzzsjZY6cbrag/s72-c/DSC06683.JPG
Points & Places
https://bdosono.blogspot.com/2010/06/rome-i-made-it.html
https://bdosono.blogspot.com/
https://bdosono.blogspot.com/
https://bdosono.blogspot.com/2010/06/rome-i-made-it.html
true
8680338231085182482
UTF-8
Loaded All Posts Not found any posts VIEW ALL Read more Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH ALL POSTS Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago Followers Follow THIS PREMIUM CONTENT IS LOCKED STEP 1: Share to a social network STEP 2: Click the link on your social network Copy All Code Select All Code All codes were copied to your clipboard Can not copy the codes / texts, please press [CTRL]+[C] (or CMD+C with Mac) to copy